New realities, Amazon and payment in our weekly recap (CW16)
22nd April Leave a comment
Mixed up week… The new reality is virtual – or augmented. At least the actors on the ecommerce stage start to really think about how virtual / augmented reality will impact on their business. It will be a very interesting journey (and we will keep on writing about it).
Somehow this rings a bell… remember 2003? There was a company called Linden Lab that created Second Life a virtual 3D world (more trivia on wikipedia). I can still remember the first days of trying it out. It was amazing. Then the hype kicked in and brands wanted to be part of it and started building their virtual places / shops. And it went down the drain.
Let’s hope that the new virtual reality get’s a better start – and better concepts.
Virtual Reality (and Augmented…) plus some bots
- Augmented Reality vs. Virtual Reality: where should brands focus? – http://bit.ly/1MvVoxk
- The History and Future of VR – http://bit.ly/1pg3rmE
- ‘Shazam for Brands’ wants to be the catch-all QR code of the future – http://bit.ly/1Qm8V5p
- The Limits of Bots – http://on.recode.net/1NyCEIp
- Will chatbot, Snapchat popularity push branded apps to the wayside? – http://bit.ly/23RT9Zq
- How Air Tailor Uses Conversational Commerce to Sell Through Text Messages – http://bit.ly/1SjUgtE
Amazon all over the place
- Amazon eyed up Everlane, Le Tote and more for acquisition in a wider fashion push – http://bit.ly/1T8Ecgq
- Amazon Prime Is Now Available by the Month, With or Without Shipping – http://goo.gl/EQ684L
- Why your Amazon delivery sometimes comes in a Walmart box http://on.recode.net/23KWvAS
- Desktop still behind most online sales, but smartphones on the rise – http://bit.ly/20JXNqo
- NY&Co sees 44pc increase in mobile conversions with revamped shopping site – http://bit.ly/1Vwq6sO
- Mobile Checkout is Broken – http://goo.gl/CDpwIW
- WeChat brings mobile payments to bricks-and-mortar via POS integration – http://bit.ly/1qM1bov
- Ryanair elevates app with one-touch mobile payments, flight-rating tools – http://bit.ly/1T5NPfW
- Apple Pay is now available in Singapore – http://tcrn.ch/1U3YpGK
- Visa wants to speed up card processing for a less rage-inducing checkout – http://bit.ly/1Qm8Tu6